The Shoreline Metro Mission
To provide the Sheboygan Urbanized Area with a safe, reliable, affordable and courteous alternative to transportation through the efforts of dedicated, well-trained employees to increase the quality of life and complement economic growth.
Shoreline Metro is a department of the City of Sheboygan. It is governed under the authority of the Sheboygan Transit Commission and managed by the Director of Transit & Parking. Shoreline Metro currently employs over 50 employees in various leadership, administrative, maintenance and bus operator roles.
The Director of Transit & Parking is Derek Muench. Mr. Muench has been in public administration and public transportation for over 13 years working for the City of Manitowoc and the City of Sheboygan. He is a proud graduate of Silver Lake College (Manitowoc) where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management. Mr. Muench has been recognized nationally by his peers being selected as a Top 40 Under 40 by Mass Transit Magazine and a Top Young Professional of Sheboygan and Manitowoc Counties. Mr. Muench also serves as Treasurer for WIPTA (Wisconsin Public Transportation Association) and serves on the Sheboygan County ADRC Governing Board, Sheboygan County Transportation Coordinating Committee, RCS Empowers Advisory Committee, Northeast Wisconsin Regional Access to Transportation (NEWRAT) Committee, Transit Mutual Insurance (TMI) Board of Directors, WIPTA Board of Directors, and the Friends of the Senior Activity Center of Sheboygan Board. Mr. Muench currently resides in Sheboygan.
- Via Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via Phone (920) 459-3140
- 2020 Annual Shoreline Metro Report
- 2020 Annual Parking Utility Report
- 2021-2025 Transportation Development Program
Oversight of Shoreline Metro is provided by the Sheboygan Transit Commission which is comprised of citizens, city staff and elected officials. Commission meetings are held bi-monthly on the third Tuesday, following the second City Council meeting at 5 p.m., and are usually held in the 3rd floor conference room of City Hall. Each meeting allows for public input in accordance with City policy.
• Alderman Dean Dekker, District 6 (Vice Chairperson)
• Alderman Ryan Sorenson, District 8 (Chairperson)
• Alderman Trey Mitchell, District 9
• Mayor Michael Vandersteen
• Ryan Zinkel, Citizen Member
• Charles Windsor, Citizen Member
• Roy Kluss, Citizen Member
• Chris Domagalski, Police Chief
• Chad Pelishek, Director of Planning & Economic Development
• Derek Muench, Transit & Parking Director (ex-officio member)
Please visit the Meetings and Agenda’s page on the City of Sheboygan’s website to view current and past agendas and minutes for the Sheboygan Transit Commission.