2023-2024 Student Bus Pass Program
Printed Bus Passes NOW AVAILABLE with voucher! Visit your school’s main office to obtain a voucher. Printed passes are for students without a smartphone. SASD students and faculty must have a digital or printed pass to ride free!
In partnership with the Sheboygan Area School District, Shoreline Metro offers free rides for students actively enrolled and attending a school within the district and the public transit system service area. Students are able to use Shoreline Metro during all hours of service and on any route for any purpose including school, work, social activities and appointments. Students and faculty simply show the driver the Student Bus Pass when boarding to receive the free ride (middle school and high school students only). Elementary students do not require a pass.
Download and view the Student Bus Pass Program. The program is an all-in-one resource guide that provides program details, teaches you how to set up the app and access the free bus pass, and outlines Shoreline Metro services and route information. We have made it simple to access all this information in one convenient, easy-to-use guide.
- Students must have a Student Bus Pass in order to ride at no-charge. Students without a pass must pay the fare to ride.
- Student IDs are not permitted.
- Student conduct is strictly enforced.
Get the App and Get Riding
Download the HotSpot app for your Apple or Google device by scanning the codes to the left or by searching “HotSpot Parking” in the Apple or Google App Store.
- Setup the App: Open the app, click “Get Started”, setup your location (USA, Wisconsin, Sheboygan). Then enter your email and setup a password.
- Get the Student Pass: Click on “Transit” on bottom bar, then click on three bars in upper left, click “Purchase Tickets & Passes”, enter Wisconsin and Sheboygan again. Click on “Free Student Pass” and enter student ID number. Click “yes” through the prompts.
- Using your Student Pass: Open the app. Click on “Transit” on the bottom bar and then select “continue” on the screen. Under “My Pass”, it should list the “Free Student Pass”. Click “Board Bus”. (The route number on the top of the screen does not matter.) Click “yes” to Confirm Boarding.
- Showing Your Pass: When boarding the bus, show the driver your phone with the Student Bus Pass displayed on your screen.
- Resolving Common Issues:
- Customer Support – Please contact HotSpot Customer Support by clicking on the “three bars” in the upper left corner. Then, click “contact us” followed by “Category/Issue”. Shoreline Metro cannot assist with digital bus passes.
- Getting a New Phone – Please be sure you log out and delete the HotSpot app on your old device before installing the app on your new device. Your pass can only be active on one device at a time.
No Smartphone? No Problem.
Students without access to a smartphone will be able to obtain a printed pass by contacting their school office for a voucher. The voucher is then redeemed at the Shoreline Metro office located inside the Bus Station for a printed pass. (Pass is good for the school year. Replacement passes require a new voucher.)