Sheboygan, WI 53081
Salary: $9.25 /hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Seasonal employees are responsible for proper maintenance of the parking utility locations including:
- Cutting and trimming grass in assigned lots and areas;
- Water planters, flowers, and fresh sod areas unless there has been sufficient rain;
- Pick up garbage and trash in lots;
- Maintenance on all equipment at the end of the day including cleaning and returning to proper place;
- Mulching beds and tree rims in assigned parking lots and beds;
- Assist Parking Lead with sweeping and general parking lot cleaning;
- Assist with shop maintenance, cleaning, and organization (as needed);
- All other duties as assigned by the Parking Lead on a daily basis.
Regular work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM and may be changed only by approval from the Parking Utility Parking Lead and/or his designee. Employees are expected to be at work at the scheduled start time and be ready to perform the assigned duties for the day. Seasonal employees may work up to 40 hours each week. Overtime is not offered to seasonal employees. This position has duration of 6-months or less.
A 30-minute unpaid lunch break is provided within the scheduled work day generally from 11:00AM to 11:30AM. Employees are also permitted a paid mid-morning break from 9:00 AM to 9:15 AM.
Employees must be neatly dressed and well groomed when representing the City of Sheboygan as an employee. Department dress code must be followed. All employees are required to wear safety shoes. Safety shoe costs for seasonal workers are the responsibility of the employee. Long pants are required for certain tasks, but shorts are allowed for other tasks. It is required that if you choose to wear shorts, you must keep a pair of long pants on site to change into if needed. Seasonal employees are given a locker to store personal items during the work day.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a Class D motor vehicle license.
The City of Sheboygan, Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Sheboygan will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.